I've been working in the game industry as an Environment Artist for over 7 years. I specialize in handpainted/stylized props and environments. Created the "Handpainter's Guild", an active Discord community for 4 years and a website for handpainted game artists! https://handpaintersguild.com/
Worked on the Magic: Legends MMO ARPG
Mixed Reality and XBOX Live team.
• Modeled, textured, and lit three stages including props & particle effects.
• Modeled and texture props for characters.
• Worked closely with programmers to implement art assets for new gameplay features.
• Re-lit old stages and polished the assets.
• Modeled and textured the Baccarat room where the main game will be played.
• Created 3D models for the art team to use in their conception of the game’s UI.
• Created models, textures, and lighting for the game’s main lobby screen.
• Concepted a variety of UI designs for Golden Rat Studios’ in-development app for mobile devices.
• Created a variety of texture painted 3D assets for the mobile slot machine game “Golden Sand Casino”.
• Developed animations and particle effects for 3D and 2D symbols used in the game.
• Optimized old art assets which improved game performance, decreased the load time for individual slot machines, and increased the frames per second.
• Worked with QA and other artists to ensure the assets were looking and working as expected on device.
• Assisted the Art Manager by documenting effective new art practices, pipeline instructions, and engine bugs, which helped save overall production time and helped new artist hires get brought up to speed quickly.
• Delivered multiple mobile-focused projects as a Lead Artist with a team of Artists and Programmers.
• Developed real-time assets for Unity from start to finish, and reiterated on models under strict deadlines.
• Sculpted & textured anatomical models which were approved by medical advisers.
• Led a special mobile app project, Living Medical Environment, for Intel, with a 1 month deadline that was presented at the HIMSS conferences and was received with positive response.
• Integrated Perforce, JIRA, and naming conventions into the artist’s pipeline, which effectively optimized the studio’s performance.
• Performed multiple leadership roles, such as supporting a studio of artists and a team of outsourced Ukrainian engineers, training incoming artists, bridging communications between the Art Director and the artists, and helping complete projects for tablets and the Oculus Rift.
• Worked with the Producer to review artwork, schedule tasks, and package files so that projects were completed on time.